Günter Sigl is full professor of theoretical physics at Universität Hamburg since 2007. His main research is at the interface of particle physics with astrophysics and cosmology. In particular he is working on cosmic ray physics, also as a member of the Pierre Auger experiment and co-developer of our public software package CRPropa for simulation of high energy cosmic ray propagation in a structured Universe, hadronic physics in the context of air showers, multi messenger studies including gravitational waves, oscillation phenomena involving neutrinos and axions, indirect detection of dark matter, and the origin and evolution of cosmic magnetic fields in astrophysical plasmas and in the early Universe.
Outside working he likes running, hiking and climbing.
- 3rd-6th September 2024: 2nd General Meeting in Istanbul, Turkey, Link.
- Opening of registrations for the 2nd Training School of the COST Action CA21106 in Ljubljiana (Slovenia), 10-14 June 2024, Link.
- Opening call for Short Term Scientific Missions, Deadline: 15th March 2024, Period: 1st April-30th June
- A collection of videos about our Action taken during 2023 is available on Youtube on INFN Channel.
- Opening call for Short Term Scientific Missions, Deadline: 15th January 2024, Period: 1st February-1st April
Opening of registrations for CA21106 Working Group Meeting at DESY Hamburg, 1-2 February 2024 Link
- 3rd-6th September 2024: 2nd General Meeting in Istanbul, Turkey
- 10th-13th June 2024: 2nd Training School in Lubjiana, Slovenia
- 1st-2nd February 2024: Working Groups Meeting at DESY (Hamburg), Germany
- 17th October 2023: Cosmic WISPers member Federico Urban and his team have just been awarded a Czech Inter-COST grant to work on spin-2 WISPs over the next two years. Read more.