Inma is Professor of Astronomy and Astrophysics at the University of Granada (Spain). She obtained her PhD from the University of Barcelona, and has worked on Type Ia Supernovae since her doctoral thesis and on stellar evolution since her postdoc at the Istituto di Astrofisica Spaziale (Frascati, Italy). Her works include the study of Pop. III intermediate mass stars, identifying their contribution to the early chemical enrichment of the Universe; the analysis of the AGB phase as an astroparticle laboratory; the derivation of bounds for the axion coupling constants to fermions and photons; and a series of studies about the impact of progenitor properties on observable properties of Type Ia supernovae, which are fundamental for their cosmological applications. Together with other colleagues, she founded in 2010 the Azarquiel School of Astronomy: a scientific bridge between Eastern and Western cultures.
She considers herself a nomad, needs to be in the open air, hiking, cycling, skiing, and likes traveling, specially to remote places… back at home, she enjoys being with her family and friends and reading.
- 3rd-6th September 2024: 2nd General Meeting in Istanbul, Turkey, Link.
- Opening of registrations for the 2nd Training School of the COST Action CA21106 in Ljubljiana (Slovenia), 10-14 June 2024, Link.
- Opening call for Short Term Scientific Missions, Deadline: 15th March 2024, Period: 1st April-30th June
- A collection of videos about our Action taken during 2023 is available on Youtube on INFN Channel.
- Opening call for Short Term Scientific Missions, Deadline: 15th January 2024, Period: 1st February-1st April
Opening of registrations for CA21106 Working Group Meeting at DESY Hamburg, 1-2 February 2024 Link
- 3rd-6th September 2024: 2nd General Meeting in Istanbul, Turkey
- 10th-13th June 2024: 2nd Training School in Lubjiana, Slovenia
- 1st-2nd February 2024: Working Groups Meeting at DESY (Hamburg), Germany
- 17th October 2023: Cosmic WISPers member Federico Urban and his team have just been awarded a Czech Inter-COST grant to work on spin-2 WISPs over the next two years. Read more.